bonds missing from maturity date report

Jeanne
Jeanne Member ✭✭✭
edited September 2021 in Reports (Windows)
This is baffling. I've got two bonds that don't show up on my maturity date report. They both have maturity dates, one corporate and one zero coupon muni. They both sit in accounts with other bonds that do show up. They both show up on a report of my own design with all fixed income (checking off bonds, Treas bonds, CDs, and fixed income funds), and they both have a current market value in that report and in the account registers. But I can't get maturity date and account on that report. I can't guess where to look to get these two strays onto the maturity date report. Any ideas?

Many thanks,
Jeanne
Quicken Deluxe R35.31
(Windows)

EDIT: I've got one. When I entered the maturity date of 2035, Quicken typed 1935. But I'm still missing one.

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Which one is still missing, the corporate or the zero muni? Provide bond details & maybe someone will recognize the issue.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Jeanne
    Jeanne Member ✭✭✭
    It's the zero muni that doesn't appear on the report:
    ALLENTOWN PA GO CAP APREC 00.0% 10/01/2035 NTS SER A
    Cusip 018340HP7
    I've got type=bond, bond type = muni, maturity date as above.
    Call date is blank. It is subject to a make-whole call but no date is specified.
    "Matched with online security" is checked.
    It's a taxable muni so "tax free" is unchecked, but it doesn't make a difference.
    Interest paid = at maturity.
    And I've filled in the yield to maturity and S&P rating.

Thanks for taking the time.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might try artificially changing the maturity date to an earlier date, just to see if that makes a difference.  

You might try creating a parallel security with a similar (but shorter?) name just to see if that makes a difference.  

If you pull up a portfolio view, and customize to include Maturity Date, does the Bond appear as it should?
  • Jeanne
    Jeanne Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    I tried maturity 2025 and name "Allentown" with no luck. I fiddled around with asset class global vs. domestic bond. I hadn't mentioned it, but I did check with the online center > holdings, and there it is. As I did mention, it appears in reports of my own design. Is that what you mean by "portfolio view"? Or do you mean the "holdings" tab in the account register? It does appear in the account register.

So I need to create my own report to find grand totals, then drag the maturity report out to Excel to compare grand totals, then when they don't agree, find the missing bond and patch up the report in Excel. Problem "solved" and question "answered" so thanks.

Jeanne

EDIT: I also tried paying interest monthly rather than at maturity. No help.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Portfolio view is what you see when you select the investing tab then click on Portfolio. It is similar to an account's Holdings view but is customizable and should be able to show all your securities.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Jeanne
    Jeanne Member ✭✭✭
    > @Jim_Harman said:
    > A Portfolio view is what you see when you select the investing tab then click on Portfolio. It is similar to an account's Holdings view but is customizable and should be able to show all your securities.

Oh, thanks for that. As you might expect, there it is. Only the maturity report is the problem.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might try backing up your data file (just in case ...) and then deleting and re-entering the Buy of this bond, to see if that fixes it.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Jeanne
    Jeanne Member ✭✭✭
    > @Jim_Harman said:
    > You might try backing up your data file (just in case ...) and then deleting and re-entering the Buy of this bond, to see if that fixes it.

Thanks but no good--neither buying nor adding helped.
  • hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have the opposite problem, some not all bonds sold or redeemed show up on the maturity report even thought I no longer hold or own them. 
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmday said:
    I have the opposite problem, some not all bonds sold or redeemed show up on the maturity report even thought I no longer hold or own them. 
    This is a known issue. Edit the bonds to remove their maturity dates and they'll no longer appear.
    Next time, please start your own thread when your issue is different from the thread's existing issue.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jeanne -- Sorry I let this drop with you still hanging.
    To recap: You have one taxable muni bond, security type = Bond, with a maturity date defined and various other fields filled in.  That one security (bond) is being omitted from a report for "Maturity Dates for Bonds and CDs."  The Account selection for the report seems to be correct since other bonds are reported that are held in the same account.   

My prior suggestion for creating a parallel security would have you creating a new bond with virtually the same characteristics (only the bond name would have to be unique since bonds in Quicken are not expected to have a ticker symbol.)  Buy the bond in the account.  Increment the details to match the real world data.  If it continues to show correctly in the report and you get to the point that the details match, you can delete the original purchase and delete that version of the security that fails to appear.  

At least, that is the way I would proceed, to chase down and correct the issue.

Backup first - just in case.
This discussion has been closed.