Scheduled transaction is grey (Q Mac)

I have a scheduled transaction that posts monthly and it is always greyed out. If I go to the transaction and use "Set Status of selected transaction" and set the transaction to "Not Cleared" it appears as black - like the rest of the transaction. I don't understand why this one scheduled transaction shows as grey. I don't want to have to mark the transaction a "Not Cleared" each month.

This is a transaction that should never "Clear." It is money that I'm setting aside so it will be available when a major, annual bill comes due

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    A future dates scheduled transaction appears in the register in gray until it has been posted (i.e., marked as paid/deposited). By setting the status to Not Cleared, you are causing the transaction to be posted, even though it may already be uncleared. You can accomplish the same thing by double clicking the transaction and selecting the blue "Mark as Paid/Deposited" button.

By default, scheduled transactions are posted manually. However, you can cause them to be posted automatically, which sound like what you want to happen. To do this, double click the transaction and select Edit All Instances. You will see this on the right side of the dialog under Payment Method:

Automatically will post the transaction on the scheduled date (making it black in the register). You can also choose any number of days before the scheduled date by using the third option.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    A future dates scheduled transaction appears in the register in gray until it has been posted (i.e., marked as paid/deposited). By setting the status to Not Cleared, you are causing the transaction to be posted, even though it may already be uncleared. You can accomplish the same thing by double clicking the transaction and selecting the blue "Mark as Paid/Deposited" button.

By default, scheduled transactions are posted manually. However, you can cause them to be posted automatically, which sound like what you want to happen. To do this, double click the transaction and select Edit All Instances. You will see this on the right side of the dialog under Payment Method:

Automatically will post the transaction on the scheduled date (making it black in the register). You can also choose any number of days before the scheduled date by using the third option.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Thanks. I followed your instructions and will keep an eye on it.
This discussion has been closed.