Invoice from a personal account

We run a home based business, and already have our personal account set up in Quicken (not as a business account). Now i need to make invoices, and it looks like i need to set up a business account. Can i change the settings on the account in Quicken so that i can write invoices, or can i set up the same account as a new business and connect them?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Rudie11

When you talk about a "personal account" and then a "business account" I believe that you are talking about "bank accounts" or "Quicken accounts (i.e. datafiles)? 

I think you are referring to bank accounts.  And based on the "section" you chose to post this message in (namely "Business And Rental Property Tools") I assume that you are currently running the Business And Rental Property version of Quicken.

If all that is correct, you need to setup the business in Quicken.  To do that:

1) Click on the BUSINESS Tab;
    2) Click on the "Business Tools" button at the top of the screen;
    3) Set up your bank account(s) - note that you can convert bank accounts you've already added you Quicken to business bank accounts in the "convert from existing" section.  (However I would suggest that you not comingle business and personal transactions if possible)
    4) Next, click on the "Manage Business Information" button at the bottom;
    5) On the next screen add relevant Business information and click "Add" and "Done"
    6) You can then move forward with your invoicing by clicking on the "Create Invoice button at the top of the screen.

That should get you started.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to create an Invoices account. From Quicken, select Help and then Quicken Help. Read the Manage your Business.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Rudie11

When you talk about a "personal account" and then a "business account" I believe that you are talking about "bank accounts" or "Quicken accounts (i.e. datafiles)? 

I think you are referring to bank accounts.  And based on the "section" you chose to post this message in (namely "Business And Rental Property Tools") I assume that you are currently running the Business And Rental Property version of Quicken.

If all that is correct, you need to setup the business in Quicken.  To do that:

1) Click on the BUSINESS Tab;
    2) Click on the "Business Tools" button at the top of the screen;
    3) Set up your bank account(s) - note that you can convert bank accounts you've already added you Quicken to business bank accounts in the "convert from existing" section.  (However I would suggest that you not comingle business and personal transactions if possible)
    4) Next, click on the "Manage Business Information" button at the bottom;
    5) On the next screen add relevant Business information and click "Add" and "Done"
    6) You can then move forward with your invoicing by clicking on the "Create Invoice button at the top of the screen.

That should get you started.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Rudie11
    Rudie11 Member
    Thank you. point 3 was what i needed to know. i need to convert an account and didn't know if this was possible.
This discussion has been closed.