Bank of America Transactions not downloading for a week now, anybody else?

THe Bank of America transactions are not Downloading for a week, is there a fix?

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @bdobin8

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. There is still an ongoing alert with Bank of America. However, I am wanting to make sure that the ongoing alert is correlated with your issue. To better assist you I need a bit more information. For instance, are you getting any specific error codes/messages? What connection method are you using? 

To check the connection method first select the account in question then, select Settings >Downloads. 

Please elaborate and let us know of any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • bdobin8
    bdobin8 Member
    no code or error message..... the transactions are are not downloading, and in the download screen there are green dots..... i tried refreshing the login but that did not help......
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @bdobin8

Thank you for your response. I would recommend resetting the cloud data then attempt to update again. If the issue is still persisting please contact Quicken Support. An agent will troubleshoot, pull logs and take a further look into the issue. 

To reset your cloud data first select Help >Options key (hold) >Troubleshooting >Reset cloud data. 

In the event you need to contact Quicken Support please visit the link below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Please attempt the steps above and let us know!

-Quicken Paloma 
  • bdobin8
    bdobin8 Member
    data was reset , still issue, now this error message
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @bdobin8

Thank you for updating us on the issue. With the issue you're seeing now we'll want to contact Quicken support as it is something we'll need to check the logs for to figure out what exactly is causing the issue. The link Quicken Paloma provided above should show you our contact information so you can find a time that works best. 

If you have any questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • jaf25x
    jaf25x Member ✭✭
    Same issue with no transactions downloading. Have activated/deactivated the accounts and did send logs to Quicken but no response.
  • bdobin8
    bdobin8 Member
    this is a disaster... I spoke with BAC for over an hour, and they finally agreed to open a ticket, this has been a 2 week issue and BAC indicated it was a quicken issue, so very frustrating to say the least ....
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    bdobin8 said:
    this is a disaster... I spoke with BAC for over an hour, and they finally agreed to open a ticket, this has been a 2 week issue and BAC indicated it was a quicken issue, so very frustrating to say the least ....
    I understand your frustration. I know nothing about the specifics here, but can offer some general information about what goes on when these types of things happen.

Often when a financial institution and Quicken point fingers at each other, both are somewhat right. If BOA made a change to their website/server login for third party applications like Quicken, they can subsequently say it's Quicken's problem -- which is true to the extent that after their internal changes, Quicken's service provider (Intuit) has to code changes to catch up to what BOA changed. If Quicken says it's a BOA problem, that's also partially true because BOA changed something without advance notification to Quicken (Intuit). And in some cases, a change by a financial institution requires Intuit reaching out and both parties needing to make concurrent tweaks to restore normal operation.

The other thing that's hard for Quicken users to accept at times is that even once a problem is known, it's not fixed right away. Sometimes it takes a few days of support reports from customers to Quicken and/or the financial institution before a problem is even known. For BOA, support for Quicken -- which might be used by 1% of their customers -- is probably fairly low on their list of IT priorities; if they're busy with other projects/issues, a Quicken issue might take a few weeks for them to fix. For Quicken (really their connectivity service provider, Intuit), they support some 14,000 financial institutions, so there are likely several dozen with changes required which pop up every single day. I'd guess they do prioritize large financial institutions (like BOA) over small ones (a local credit union), but depending on the flow of work and the amount of recoding required, it's not unusual for some changes to take several weeks to be implemented.

None of this is satisfying when it's your financial institution which is offline to Quicken; you just want it to be fixed. But hopefully some understanding of what goes on behind the scenes makes it easier to accept that these things happen and that they often take awhile to be sorted out. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.