How to Open a 6 year old data file

Options
I have my data files going back years and I would like to see the state of my accounts mid 2015. I have that file. However when I try and open it, it asks for a password. That is about 40 passwords ago so I have no idea how to answer. When I say I forgot password it did send me a code but then would not take any password I entered. Unfortunately today Quicken Support has a password, that is different from Quicken.com's password, which in turn is different than my 2021 data file password. They could not make any more confusing if they set out to do so.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To view the state of accounts in mid 2015, I suggest you consider using your current Quicken file and a customized report set to show the accounts in mid 2015.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ... However when I try and open it, it asks for a password. ...
    Exactly what password is it asking for? A data file password or the password for your current Quicken ID?
    An old data file that was never opened in Quicken since the introduction of the Intuit ID, now known as Quicken ID, should, IIRC, ask for the Quicken ID and password so the file can be registered.
    Can you show us an image snapshot of the password prompt dialog?

This discussion has been closed.