Missing Transactions from a Past Year

lukens02
lukens02 Member
In reviewing my bank transactions (transferred automatically via my online bank), there is a chunk of transactions missing from 6/13/19 to 10/21/19. I vaguely recall there was a time I had to manually import my TD Bank files due to transmission identity errors during that time. However, I need to know how to import these missing transactions from those particular months. Could someone please help?

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @lukens02

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. To obtain bank transaction history from the past year, you would need to download a QFX file from your bank and import it into Quicken. If you need assistance navigating and/or downloading the QFX (web connect) file(s) please contact your financial institution. 

For instructions on importing your QFX (web connect) file please visit the link below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-import-data-quicken-windows

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This can be done only if the bank still provides transaction downloads for this date range on their website, either in monthly chunks based on your monthly statements or as a single date range and does so in QFX file format, will you be able to download and import these transactions from the website.
    Failing that, you need to manually enter the missing transactions based on the bank's printed statements ... again, if those months are still available on the bank's website.
    How come this chunk of data could go missing and remain undetected for two years? Aren't you reconciling your Quicken data file to the bank statements on a regular basis?
  • Thank you both! I tried to export a QFX file from my bank and received an error. I selected a date range from June 1, 2019 to October 31, 2019 and the error read, "No transactions available for that date range for the account highlighted below." Does this imply I cannot export them since they are old since there are definitely transactions in my bank statements from those months? If so, then perhaps my only solution is to manually enter them as UKR suggested.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may want to talk to the bank. Sometimes they have special provisions for statements and transactions older than a year. Even the website may have a page where you can order older statements in printable format.
    But if the bank says, "sorry, we don't have data older than xx months online" ... manually entering the missing data would be your only recourse, but only if you happen to have those old statements on paper.
This discussion has been closed.