Scheduled Spilt Transaction Issue

Honestly this has been an issue for me for awhile but I've just dealt with it.  Is anyone else having an issue when scheduling a future transaction (or recurring) that is spilt?  Some of my transactions seem to change the dates on the transaction, change the amount that you see in the register or even sometimes change which account it should be scheduled in.  If you open up the individual transaction it will then show the correct date and correct spilt.  You then hit "Ok" in that transaction and it will move the spilt transaction to the correct spot by date and have the correct amount showing in the register.  Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @marktca

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your scheduled spilt transactions. To start off let's see if we might be able to get some more consistency by following some general troubleshooting. The article down below will show us how to do so. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7851545/faq-troubleshooting-101-installation-and-data-file-problems-quicken-for-windows#latest

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next steps/options.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• marktca
    marktca Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Yep, I've tried all of that.  

I'm on Version R35.31, Build 27.1.35.31
    I think that article is old because the menu under "File" is not the same on the latest version.
    I run Validate file, Rebuild Investing lots and correct investing price history if needed every few months.  I last ran the process on 9/14 with the following results:

QDF:
    Validating your data.
    No errors.

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.

[Tue Sep 14 23:27:33 2021]

[Tue Sep 14 23:27:33 2021]
    Repair price history: 0 price(s) repaired.
    [Tue Sep 14 23:27:40 2021]

[Tue Sep 14 23:27:41 2021]
    Rebuilt investing lots.
    Analyzing securities.

Number of old style Buy/Cash/Transfer investment transactions updated: 4/0/0
    No out-of-range security references found.

Validation has completed.

This has been an issue for months so I don't have a backup from then to restore from.  
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW, what is a spilt transaction? In Quicken all I know of are Split Transactions.
    "spilt" is what happened after you drop a bottle of milk ... :wink:
    Can you tell us more about this transaction problem? Can you show us an example of such a transaction?
    In the case of scheduled reminders, what is the scheduling frequency? What is the setting of "Remind me [xx] days in advance" or "Auto-enter [xx] days in advance"?
  • marktca
    marktca Unconfirmed ✭✭
    I logged into Quicken this morning and the paycheck that I have scheduled for 9/30 was showing in the register on 11/1 with a blank in the payment and deposit sections.  If I go to More actions>>Edit this instance and all future instances it then comes up with the correct information (screenshot below).  I hit enter and then it is showing in the register with the correct date (see below) and amount.  I have also provided a screenshot of the S-P-L-I-Ts inside the paycheck for reference below.

Honestly, it happens on all kinds of split transactions (not just paychecks), in different accounts, deposits and payments, etc.  I've been using Quicken since 2011 and haven't seen this to be an issue since it started months ago.  I've really just been having to review all of my scheduled transactions in a few accounts every time I pay bills to make sure I'm not missing something.  It's just become a PITA and makes me unsure about the Quicken product because I cannot rely on the transactions being there in a correct place when they need to be paid.

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @marktca

Thanks for the update and the extra info as well. I'm wondering by chance do you use the cloud sync at all? There have been previous instances of the cloud adjusting the desktop scheduled transactions. This would be good to double-check. Do you know if this started happening after a specific update version? When you first open the program does it show up correctly? If they do, could you perform an OSU and then check again to see if they still show correctly.

Once you've had the chance please let us know if you're able to identify more about the problem.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • marktca
    marktca Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Not sure about the version - it's been happening for a while now (at least 4-6 months).  But yes, the sync is the issue.  I logged on this morning and everything looked fine, and I ran my One Step Updates (that includes Quicken Cloud Sync) and the paycheck I showed in the example last week was gone.  So, should I stop running the Cloud sync or is there a resolution to the issue?

Thanks for all your help,
    Mark
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    marktca said:
    Not sure about the version - it's been happening for a while now (at least 4-6 months).  But yes, the sync is the issue.  I logged on this morning and everything looked fine, and I ran my One Step Updates (that includes Quicken Cloud Sync) and the paycheck I showed in the example last week was gone.  So, should I stop running the Cloud sync or is there a resolution to the issue?

Thanks for all your help,
    Mark

I would definitely stop syncing to the cloud if that's what clobbers your data file.
    Restore your data file from yesterday's backup, then stop sync (Edit / Preferences / Mobile & Web) before you do the next OSU.
    Do be sure to let Quicken make a backup of your data file every [1] times you close Quicken (Edit / Preferences / Backup). One can never have enough backups.
  • marktca
    marktca Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Yea, I fixed the transactions, stopped the sync and have used the application several times today with no issues.  No need to restore a backup but I do a backup every time I close Quicken but I have a job that automatically deletes backups after 21 days because the files are a little over 250MB/each.  

Thanks for the help.
This discussion has been closed.