Bill & Income Reminders

Options
Karen
Karen Member ✭✭✭
I am using the Bill and Income Reminders item on a Home view.

I had to use a back up copy of my quicken file because I messed something up.
It all looks fine again except the Bills and Income in my HOME view.
When I choose to show "all - by month" it shows all. But once I click "enter" for a deposit or bill, the list resets and doesn't show all that are due in October even though "show all by month" is still showing.
Any help would be appreciated. The longer list is before I click "enter" and the short list is what shows up immediately after.

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If my old eyes don't deceive me, we're looking at the Bill & Income Reminders dialog under the Home tab.
    It's been my experience that, on occasion, after making a change (Enter, Edit or Skip) to a reminder, the display updates and comes back, showing only a portion of the reminders that it should really show.
    Changing the "Show [time frame]" selection to a different choice and then back to the original one refreshes the display and correctly shows the complete list.
    For me, the "Show [Due now]" selection is the one I work with most often.
    And, yes, the programmers really should take a look at this situation and see if they can fix it.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Karen

I am sorry, but I am unable to clearly see your attachments (even though I have tried a couple of ways to enlarge them.  I can see the second attachment shows a shorter list, but I cannot understand why the list would be shortened simply because you enter a transaction.  This could be a sign (along with the fact that  reverted to a Backup file) of a problem with your data file, so you may want to consider validating your Datafile, or contacting Quicken Support.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Options
    If you are using Windows 10, you can use the provided Windows tool to capture a screenshot that will easily be visible and repost.
    The tool is named Snip & Sketch...

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If my old eyes don't deceive me, we're looking at the Bill & Income Reminders dialog under the Home tab.
    It's been my experience that, on occasion, after making a change (Enter, Edit or Skip) to a reminder, the display updates and comes back, showing only a portion of the reminders that it should really show.
    Changing the "Show [time frame]" selection to a different choice and then back to the original one refreshes the display and correctly shows the complete list.
    For me, the "Show [Due now]" selection is the one I work with most often.
    And, yes, the programmers really should take a look at this situation and see if they can fix it.
  • Karen
    Karen Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I had changed the "Show (time frame)" selection a couple of times but this time, following your post, it seems to have worked!
    Thank you :)
  • Karen
    Karen Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Frankx and GeoffG...I was about to get a better screen shot of the issue but I believe the problem is solved. Thanks for taking the time to read and respond to my post. You all are such a help.
This discussion has been closed.