EWC download process question

I was under the understanding that Quicken downloaded EWC accounts perhaps once a day over night? and therefore I expect a 1-day delay for the transactions to download.  I know that EWC's connection flow is: Quicken > QCS > Intuit Servers > FI.  I just made a Venmo payment (EWC) and that transaction downloaded into my desktop Quicken register within a minute.  This is a positive surprise of course.  And I would like to understand the process better for my own curiosity - TIA.

- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
- I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Inc has never really told us how the whole process works, so we have to guess based on what we see.  Even though the it has always said that the process is to pick up transactions once a night, it has been clear for many years that doesn't tell the whole story.

As you have noticed with some financial institutions it can be almost instant.  This is especially true since some of the financial institutions started instituting MFA, which has forced the process to be more interactive.

But what seems to hold from the "old process" is the fact that the Intuit servers continue to log in late at night to get transactions.  So for people that get charged for every login, and other concerns like that the message is still the same, with Express Web Connect, expect that kind of logging in.

On the other hand it is also quite clear that other financial institutions are limiting the times that the Intuit servers can log in, so they will behave like the description you commonly see in the articles.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/