Downloading from UBS

ttnancy
ttnancy Member
I really haven't used my Quicken program for about two years; long story. But now I need to get back to it to get a better handle on a lot of things. Big problem: One of my banks is UBS. When I try to add the account, I get a message saying I need a security number from UBS. My UBS banker says she hasn't run into this before. Has anyone else experienced this trying to add UBS as an account? Who or what did you contact at UBS to obtain the security info necessary to in inlude the account?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @ttnancy,

I believe that UBS bank may require you to get a PIN from them before you can connect a bank account in Quicken. 

If you haven't done so already, I suggest that you go to the bank's website and determine whether you can successfully login there. If you can't - you should go through the bank's process to access your account online.  If you can log-in, look for information on how to log-in using third-party applications ( and/or just search on "Quicken") to see if you'll need to take steps there before adding the account in your Quicken file.

Let us know how that goes or if you have any followup questions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @ttnancy,

I believe that UBS bank may require you to get a PIN from them before you can connect a bank account in Quicken. 

If you haven't done so already, I suggest that you go to the bank's website and determine whether you can successfully login there. If you can't - you should go through the bank's process to access your account online.  If you can log-in, look for information on how to log-in using third-party applications ( and/or just search on "Quicken") to see if you'll need to take steps there before adding the account in your Quicken file.

Let us know how that goes or if you have any followup questions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• ttnancy
    ttnancy Member
    Third party apps - I will check that out, and let you know if that works. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.