Alliance [CC-885 Web connect error download file into Q Mac]

GIWalt
GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
Alliance is a brokerage that uses Web Connect. I download a QFX file from their website and import it to Quicken (Mac). Has worked fine from day 1. Today, I downloaded the QFX file but when I went to import it Quicken gave me a message CC-885 that web support was temporarily or permanantly discontinued. Any idea what is going on?

Comments

• GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Under settings for this account, I see there is now a "zzz" before the account name in the downloads tab.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Hello @GIWalt

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community, although I apologize you are having this issue. Since the actual QFX file seems to be causing difficulties, I recommend contacting your bank’s online support team. If Quicken is unable to read/process the information provided through the bank there is not much that can be done on our end. Additionally, if you see ZZZ- in front of your banks name that’s an indication that it may no longer be supported. 

Hope this provides clarification. Please let us know how it goes and of any question or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    I have reached out to Alliance and they will be getting back to me. In the meanwhile, wouldn't Quicken support know if this bank/broker is no longer supported?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @GIWalt

Thank you for your response. Unless if the bank reached out to us here at Quicken, we wouldn't really be aware that it is no longer supported. It is ultimately to the discretion of the bank to make its users and other third parties aware of any new or discontinued features. This is especially true when any changes are done to the QFX files. Quicken only displays the information that is provided by the financial institution. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma 
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    But why would they have a link to download QFX files that is labelled Quicken if they don't support it? Hopefully they will clarify if and when Alliance gets back to me.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Also, will the zzz in front of the account name preclude this from working even if Alliance attempt to fix it?
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @GIWalt

Thank you for taking the time to share your question with the community, although I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience experienced.

When the "zzz" is listed in front of a financial institution name, it means one of two things - 
    1. They have discontinued support for Quicken entirely.
    2. They are in a transition process and working to add access for Quicken under a different financial institution name or internal channel.
    In the case of the second option, all of this work is done behind-the-scenes, between our service providers and the financial institution service providers, so Quicken Support may not have full view or knowledge of the work being done.

In this specific instance, I believe Alliance is going through the second option and transitioning to a different internal channel for Quicken connections.

May I ask, what is the website URL you visit when viewing your accounts with Alliance?

In viewing our list of supported financial institutions, I see several options for "Alliance", which instance are you attempting to connect with?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    interesting question. The website listed in my Account settings is www.alliance-plan.com which is the same site I use if I use a browser. I am not seeing that in the list of accounts in Quicken when adding a brokerage account. FYI, this is a 401k plan website. The site still allows me to download QFX files for importing (which is how I always used it) but Quicken is now saying temporarily or permanently discontinued (cc-885) when I try to import the file.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    I heard back from Alliance. They said IT Dept. is looking into it but it's possible a recent Quicken software update may have broken the connection somehow. They did not and are not discontinuing Quicken support. Said they may have to work with Quicken to get this fixed.
  • Ant1
    Ant1 Member
    @GIWait, I was experiencing this same issue, also with Alliance 401k. I called them. They said it has been fixed. I logged on to alliance-plan.com today, downloaded the transactions, and it is working again.
    Hope it works for you too.
This discussion has been closed.