Memo/Notes repeated in Transaction Report (Q Mac)

Garry@
Garry@ Member ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
I first noticed this problem more than a year ago.

The Transaction Report repeats the content of the "Memo/Notes" field when the category is one of the default "Investments" group.  The problem occurs with all Investments sub-categories I have tried. It occurs when the "Row" is set to "Category", "Tag", "Account" and "Year". It does not occur when "Row" is set to "Payee".  The problem does not occur when any other category is assigned to an affected transaction.  It does not occur in credit card, savings or cash accounts; only with Brokerage accounts

I have confirmed that these are not split transactions with repeated "Memo/Notes" data.  I have looked for any sign of repeated data but can find none.

Is there a fix for this ?

Quicken 7.3.2 in macOS 14.1.1, on Mac Studio Max 24c. Quicken for Mac user since 1997.

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2021
    I can replicate this. For example, this transaction's memo is "YOU BOUGHT    EXEC ON MUL" in the register:

But appears in the report as "YOU BOUGHT    EXEC ON MUL:YOU BOUGHT    EXEC ON MUL":

QMac Version 6.4.2 (Build 604.41752.100), macOS 11.6.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Hello @RickO and @Garry@

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about this bug. I went ahead and submitted a bug report for this to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution.
    Unfortunately, we won't have an ETA on this, however, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future update release.
    Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

(CTP-2774)
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Thank you.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Garry@
    Garry@ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, many thanks.  And thank you for taking the time to post a response here.  It really helps to know our messages are read and acted upon.

Now, I'm still hoping one day there will be a report on CD and Bond maturity dates !

Quicken 7.3.2 in macOS 14.1.1, on Mac Studio Max 24c. Quicken for Mac user since 1997.

This discussion has been closed.