OL-297-A Error and the inability to download data.

Options
I have been unable to download data for my direct connect accounts because Quicken tells me that "is unable to establish an Internet connection". This hase gone on for three consecutive days now. I have been able to access all of the accounts through an Internet browser with no problems. Please help!

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again @rodgerh1128

Given the number of financial institutions affected, I believe that the cause is on your end, rather than the banks'.  I suggest that you review the guidance located at this LINK.

There are a few settings on your computer that are likely to be causing this.  Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HI @rodgerh1128

Sorry to hear that you are having this problem.  It makes sense that you can connect through browser, since this error code relates to Quicken's ability to connect with the financial institution's servers. 

Can you tell me which financial institution or institutions are involved?  Is is all of your connections, or just some of them?

Also which versions of both Quicken and Windows are you running?

Get back to me and we'll go from there.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• rodgerh1128
    rodgerh1128 Member ✭✭
    Options
    America First Credit Union, CITI credit card account, AMEX credit card, Wells Fargo investment account, Fidelity IRA account, Fidelity HSA account. I am running Windows 10 Ver 21H1, OS Build 19043.1237. All of the above institutions are direct connect. I am able to download data from institutions that are Web Express connections ( Uof U Credit Union and Discover card). I have restarated my computer three times in the hope that would correct the problem. Thanks in advance for any help you can render!
  • rodgerh1128
    rodgerh1128 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Sorry - Quicken Ver R35.31 Build 27.1.32.31
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again @rodgerh1128

Given the number of financial institutions affected, I believe that the cause is on your end, rather than the banks'.  I suggest that you review the guidance located at this LINK.

There are a few settings on your computer that are likely to be causing this.  Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

• rodgerh1128
    rodgerh1128 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I had a VPN set up through Norton 360. When I turned the VPN off all of the connections worked just fine. Thanks for the help in having me look at what was running on my computer and making the necessary adjustments!!
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @rodgerh1128

We are glad that you were able to get your issue resolved. Thank you @Frankx for the assistance. Please let us know if you have any questions or come across other errors/issues. 

-Quicken Paloma 
This discussion has been closed.