Citibank Drivers Edge Mastercards

New to Quicken and am setting up accounts. Migrating from MoneyDance.
One issue I have run into is with creating the Citibank accounts for my card and my wife. They have separate IDs and passwords and are different accounts. I can add one to the Quicken file (mine), but then when adding the other it does not find the account. I can create a separate file with just my wife's card just fine. Any suggestions as this is frustrating. I can add the account and manually import transactions - but that's clunky and not what I want at all.

Guy

Best Answer

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello @grwkak

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. This is rather odd since the accounts are not joint and have separate logins. Could you let us know what error code or message you are getting when adding? What connection method are you using for your account? What instance is being used? A visual example is below. 

To check the connection method being used select Tools >Edit account details >Online services

Once more information is gathered we can move forward in diagnosing the issue at hand. 

-Quicken Paloma 

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @grwkak,

You should be able to add the account to the Quicken datafile that also has your account. 

Can you tell us what happens when you try to add the account but it doesn't take?  Do you get an error message - if so which one(s)?  Does a list of accounts appear that has your spouse's card listed but it can't be added, for some reason?  

Any additional details will be helpful.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Quicken Paloma
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello @grwkak

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. This is rather odd since the accounts are not joint and have separate logins. Could you let us know what error code or message you are getting when adding? What connection method are you using for your account? What instance is being used? A visual example is below. 

To check the connection method being used select Tools >Edit account details >Online services

Once more information is gathered we can move forward in diagnosing the issue at hand. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • grwkak
    grwkak Member ✭✭
    Think your screen shots helped - I was simply clicking on Citi and did not search for Citi Cards. That worked once for my card - but using Citi Cards I was able to add to the file!!
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @grwkak

Thank you for the response. We are glad to be of assistance. If you have come across any errors or issues please let us know!

-Quicken Paloma
This discussion has been closed.