Capital One accounts not updating with One Step Update.

Options
jro1
jro1 Member
Must reset account each time I want to update. Connection method is Express Web Connect. How do I set up to download automatically with One Step Update.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @jro1

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your capital one accounts. It sounds like you've gone through the normal resetting procedures but I'd like to see if we might be able to fix the issue you're having by adding the accounts as new then proceeding to link them instead. This should ideally refresh the connection.

First, we'll try deactivating all of the accounts for the affected FI. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Once all the accounts are deactivated go ahead and follow the article here on reconnecting the accounts.  You'll want to make sure you're using the add account option then linking to an existing account.

https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216277

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next steps/options.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• jro1
    jro1 Member
    Options
    Tried suggested solution twice without success. Original problem as described above continues to recur.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @jro1

Thank you for the update; I'd like to check to see what might be causing the issue you're having. If we could go across the top of your program then go to help > report a problem to submit logs. Once submitted I can take a look to see what exactly could be causing the issue. 

Please let me know once you get the chance and I'll take a look to see what I can find out.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Paul Williams
    Paul Williams Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Capital One   --  One Step Update is working!  After many months, One Step Update of my Capital One credit card started working today.  I had taken advantage of a new year and started a new account in Quicken. Yesterday, I down loaded this years transactions (i.e. 2022) and followed the instructions to open a new account in Quicken.  Today, I used Step One Update, and Quicken successfully and correctly updated the new Capital One account.  I have walked away for years of transaction history but it is filed at Capital One.   I hope this helps someone in the Quicken Community.
This discussion has been closed.