Credit Card - The amount shown in the left bar is always $0, even though there's a balance. (Q Mac)

tsf
tsf Member ✭✭
In the column on the left of the display, Quicken shows all my account balances. The balance for the credit card always shows $0, even though the register on the right shows a (negative) balance reflecting what I owe. Even when new transactions are downloaded the account balance in the left section shows zero.

All transactions are downloaded, and all of the other accounts show the correct balances.

Any suggestions on what might cause this?

Best Answer

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello @tsf

Thank you for your response and the additional information. For this particular instance, I would recommend resetting the connection to see if we can obtain the true online balance. Make sure you save a backup first. 

To reset the connection select the account in question, then Settings >Downloads >Reset Connection. You may be prompted to enter your bank credentials.

Please attempt the steps above and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma 

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Hello @tsf

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. I would recommend making sure that the sidebar options are set to display the correct balance. To do this select Side Bar Options >Show Today's Balance. A visual example is below. 

Side Bar Options is located on the top left corner, the circle with the three blue dots. 

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes and of any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • tsf
    tsf Member ✭✭
    I have the setting for the toolbar set to show the online balance. It also shows 0 when I go to reconcile. Transactions are being downloaded. The actual online balance is 356.24 but Quicken thinks it's 0.
  • Quicken Paloma
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello @tsf

Thank you for your response and the additional information. For this particular instance, I would recommend resetting the connection to see if we can obtain the true online balance. Make sure you save a backup first. 

To reset the connection select the account in question, then Settings >Downloads >Reset Connection. You may be prompted to enter your bank credentials.

Please attempt the steps above and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma 
This discussion has been closed.