When Scheduling checks to be printed Monthly, How do I get the Payee's address on the check? (Q Mac)

Options
I've tried every thing I can think of. I have to open the transaction every month before printing to get the address on the check Why?

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hello @Mr.Fritz9372, 

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. Based on the information provided I would suggest adding the payee's address in the memorized payee section.

To do this select Tools >Memorized payee >Edit (to the right of payee) >Adress. A visual example is below. 

From there you can enter in the address and also check the QuickFill list box. A visual example is below. 

Once you have filled out the appropriate information click OK to finish. Afterwards, when a check is written out to that certain memorized payee it will fill out the address on the check automatically. 

Hope this helps. Please attempt the steps above and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Mr.Fritz9372
    Options
    Thank You That's the Ticket!! Works well
  • Mr.Fritz9372
    Options
    Sorry that did not work!! I'm on Quicken Deluxe on a MacOS 11.6 version 6.4.2 and I can not find the Tool tab or Memorized Payee List.. I really thought you had the answer.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    The answer from Quicken Paloma above is for Quicken Windows, and does not apply to Quicken Mac.

I don't print checks from Quicken Mac, but in my limited testing, I found I had to click to select the previously used address each time. Hopefully someone who regularly prints checks in Quicken Mac will chime in if there's a way to avoid that. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Mr.Fritz9372
    Options
    Thank You Jacobs, I'll give that a try, You'd think when scheduling payments by check Quicken would give the option of printing the address, they let you print the Memo line. Just frustrating. Hoping some can give an easier way.. Thank you for your input..
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Hmmm, maybe we're no aligned in what we've said. Quicken does let you enter and print and address on a check. Your first post indicated you know how to do that when entering a transaction:

When I just did some additional testing, when I used the same Payee again, it defaults to having the address filled in. (I previously thought I needed to click on "Other Address" to select the previously-used address each time --two quick extra clicks -- but now I'm finding that's not the case, and the address auto-fills.) This is what you wanted it to do, isn't it? 

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.