ISO 8601 Standard

Rick Erazo
Rick Erazo Member ✭✭✭
I think it would be helpful if the Quicken Calendar Preferences could permit the user the option to employ the ISO 8601 standard (where the week begins on the first universal business day, Monday). As a financial analyst (now retired), I have always preferred viewing my calendars in this manner, and set them accordingly in my various work applications. Does anyone know if such an option is in the works for future releases?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Rick Erazo

I am familiar with the some of the ISO standards and have worked with them in the past.  As international standards, I've found that they tend to be adopted more by international organizations, and not so much by the US standards setters and US companies who principally work/trade only within the US.

That being said, there is a way for you to gage interest and also potentially have Quicken add the feature that you seek.  And it can be started right here in the Quicken Community forum.  There is a section on "Product Ideas" where users can make suggestions on improvements and other changes they believe should be implemented by Quicken Inc.  Suggestions are posted by users like you and other users have the opportunity to vote on them.  Those that get a lot of votes are then considered by the Quicken developers and many of them are then implemented by Quicken.

Here's a LINK to the area where you can add your idea and monitor the reactions by other Community members.

Good luck.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    I'd suggest that anyone supporting this suggestion FIRST read the ISO 8601 Standard, which can be found on WikiPedia.  It's FAR from authoritative about "Monday" always being the 1st day of the week.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Rick Erazo

I am familiar with the some of the ISO standards and have worked with them in the past.  As international standards, I've found that they tend to be adopted more by international organizations, and not so much by the US standards setters and US companies who principally work/trade only within the US.

That being said, there is a way for you to gage interest and also potentially have Quicken add the feature that you seek.  And it can be started right here in the Quicken Community forum.  There is a section on "Product Ideas" where users can make suggestions on improvements and other changes they believe should be implemented by Quicken Inc.  Suggestions are posted by users like you and other users have the opportunity to vote on them.  Those that get a lot of votes are then considered by the Quicken developers and many of them are then implemented by Quicken.

Here's a LINK to the area where you can add your idea and monitor the reactions by other Community members.

Good luck.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Rick Erazo
    Rick Erazo Member ✭✭✭
    @Frankx

Thanks for the suggestion. I probably shouldn't have titled my post as I did, because I wasn't proposing that Quicken adopt one or more of the ISO standards, nor was I trying to initiate a discussion on their authority. I simply wondered whether the developers have considered or received any requests from users to allow them to select a Calendar option to conform with the week standard. Such would be simple to implement and has already been implemented in both Windows and MacOS, and has been implemented in the back end of many financial and database systems for years.

I'll take your advice and post the suggestion in Product Ideas.

Regards,
    Rick
This discussion has been closed.