drill down on comparison reports

doug kittredge
doug kittredge Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
It seems like a useful capability would be to look at a comparison report by category, click on a category and have the option to see comparison by vendor.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use the Income and expense by Category comparison report. You can double click on an entry in either the current or prior year period to see the details. In the detail report, you can subtotal by Payee.

Or do you want a comparison by payee in the detail report?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Maybe explaining how I would use it may explain what I am asking: start with the comparison by category. Notice one year is significantly different than the other for a particular category. able to click/drill down in that category to see the totals side by side for each vendor. (then able to click on a vendor and see the individual payments in each year would be a plus as well)
  • Mike I.
    Mike I. Member ✭✭
    @Jim_Harman , I think I tried your suggestion, Reports>Comparison>(Tried all of the options, Cash Flow, Category, Category by Month, etc.) when I drill down on any of the items in either year, I only get a report with no options to sub-total. Is there a setting I am missing?
This discussion has been closed.