Update Error [Edited]

Eric Johnson
Eric Johnson Member ✭✭
In August I complained about an error in updating. I was told to download and install the "Mondo" patch.

Now I have the same problem. I currently have version 34.24 Build 27.1.34.24. I assume I can't use the same patch as last time.

Eric Johnson
Tagged:

Answers

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Hello @Eric Johnson , Please describe in detail and let us know what the exact error is so that someone can help you better.  And please save this link to the Mondo patch for now and future reference: https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Eric Johnson
    Eric Johnson Member ✭✭
    The screen (about 4 times a week) starts and then jumps to the download screen (moving green bar). Then I'm asked if I want to give access to the provider of the software. If I say yes, after a moment there is the error that the download can't continue. If I deny the update, Quicken starts correctly. Is the current version the 34.24 that I have.
  • Eric Johnson
    Eric Johnson Member ✭✭
    I just noted that the "Mondo" patch has a lower (and therefore out of date) version number. Therefore, it does me no good.
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Eric Johnson , The current Mondo patch is R36.23 (see included screenshot) which is newer than yours (R34.24), but I highly doubt your current version is the issue.  I suggest that you contact Quicken support for troubleshooting: https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

• Eric Johnson
    Eric Johnson Member ✭✭
    When I go to the URL you offered, it says "Download the latest update" and when I click on the link I find that it is downloading Version 27.1 . . . which is out of date. I see "Release Notes" for R36.23 but there is no link to download it. So, where do I get the patch? I have to think that the correct copy will solve my problem since the last one did. IOW, Intuit hasn't solved the problem. They just keep repeating the patch.

Candidly, I am skeptical of a company that claims precision in documenting a user's finances that has so much trouble with their own software releases.
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    I see the confusion. The “shortened” version is the last 4 digits.  27.1.36.23 = R36.23
    FYI, Intuit has not owned Quicken for years.

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    The screen (about 4 times a week) starts and then jumps to the download screen (moving green bar). Then I'm asked if I want to give access to the provider of the software. If I say yes, after a moment there is the error that the download can't continue. If I deny the update, Quicken starts correctly. Is the current version the 34.24 that I have.
    If this is during the Mondo patch installation, either the Windows control settings or your Anti-Virus (AV) software is prompting you to give access - based on your description.  AVs are known to cause installation issues (not just to Quicken) for variety of reasons. Sometimes they block only part of the installation, making you believe that all went ok.  Therefore is is recommended to temporarily disable or quit your AV during the installation process. Once done, you re-enable it or reboot.  Hope this helps.
    Edited for clarity.

• Eric Johnson
    Eric Johnson Member ✭✭
    No. It is during the execution of Quicken. I got hold of Support and he gave me a url to download Quicken and also noted the sites I had found that gave the wrong information. I now have Version 36.23. It's up and running but it certainly takes longer to load. Apparently the programmers found something else we didn't need and added it to the program.<g>
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Would you kindly share the URL they gave you so that I and others reading this can benefit from?  Thank you!

• Eric Johnson
    Eric Johnson Member ✭✭
    I'm not certain I should do that as it is a URL to the complete version withiut any requirement for a proof of ownership. IOW it's something the customer service passes on once assured that you own Quicken.
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Thank you.  FYI the subscription model's complete version download file is publicly available to anyone and everyone.  It is not the download file the determines your subscription validity (it is not an ownership anymore), rather when you login/sign in, Quicken authenticates your subscription license and the validity period.  Cheers.