Turning a "matched" transaction to a "new" one - keeps old date

Options
So, I transfer the same amount between accounts pretty regularly. When I download bank data, it has the same transfer amount as earlier (a couple weeks ago, or maybe last month). It defaults to "matched." I change it to "unmatch" or "make transaction new" or "make all transactions new."

But it keeps last month's date in the "unmatched" or "new" transaction!

Now, my register is all screwed up (it shows two transactions a while ago, and nothing yesterday), and I have to hunt for what's actually a "new" transaction way back somewhere in the past, and manually change the date to get it placed correctly into yesterday's date in my register/list.

Can this be fixed please?

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @DiscoClark

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. I attempted to recreate this issue but was unable to on my end. To start looking into the issue you can submit a bug report.  

To do this select Help >Report a problem. If inclined you can also attach any supporting screenshots of the issue. Please note that this is to investigate the issue and you may not get a response back. Again we apologize for this nuisance. 

Hope this provides clarity. Let us know of any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For best results I recommend you manually enter transfer transactions into your register BEFORE you download transactions from the bank which contain the transfer confirmations. For recurring transfers use scheduled reminders and enter them a day or two before the due date. Be sure to use distinct Payee Names for each transfer or credit card payment to avoid confusing Quicken - memorized payee entries.
    That takes the guesswork out of the download and matching process. Because a correctly entered transfer transaction already exists in your account registers, the process should just match the downloaded transfer transaction to the existing one in both accounts.
  • DiscoClark
    DiscoClark Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, but this is insufficient. Manually-entering sort of defeats the purpose of downloading. When I mark a transaction as "new," then it should drop the "matched" date and revert to the "new" date - at which it started to begin with! That's what (properly-coded) computer programs do.