Emoji ? (Q Mac)

Does anyone know if you can "add an emoji" to the list of emojis that come with Quicken for Mac?

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Rsmokie

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. We apologize for the inconvenience but the list of emojis is fixed. I don't believe there is a way to add any additional ones. Again we apologize for the nuisance. 

Let us know of any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    There's emojis in Quicken Mac?

Where...how are they accessed...and what would you use them for?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @garysmith87

To clarify you can access the emojis and symbols on Quicken for Mac by selecting Edit >Emoji. You could use them for any purpose you deem fit. They are like stickers that can be placed anywhere just for fun! 

Hope this provides clarity. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    OK...thanks for that.

Are the emojis "searchable" characters?  Say I use the thumbs down emoji to make sure I follow up on a transaction, can I search using the thumbs down in the search column?  Does the thumbs down have to be a separate "word" (so to speak)...or can it be part of the string of characters (like in the payee name)?

• Quicken Paloma
    Hello @garysmith87

The emojis can be searched using the search bar located at the top, once selected from the Edit menu. After testing it myself, I found that you will generally need to put spaces between words (thumbs down, instead of thumbsdown). Also, you do have the ability to add emojis to payee names, categories, etc. 

Hope this helps. Let us know of any other questions!

-Quicken Paloma 
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I experimented on my own.  The emoji can be a character in a word string...or a separate one emoji "word".

And putting the actual emoji in the search box will find a transaction containing that emoji ANYWHERE, as a character as part of a string or a separate emoji by itself.

Interesting.  Not that I would ever use it...but I can see some users needing to add yet another layer to sort...and this may accomplish it.  
This discussion has been closed.