Duplicate downloaded transactions for Santander account

Options
I have a Santander checking account setup for Express Web Connect. Every transaction I download shows up twice. Usually each transaction comes in a few days before its duplicate.

I turned on the Download Reference ID column in the register and I noticed that the first transaction often comes in with a prefix "INTUIT-" followed by a long ID number. The duplicate that comes in a couple days later often starts with the date, "20211027..." followed by a lot of zeros and ends with an incremental digit if more transactions are dated that same day.

This has been going on for 6+ months and I keep thinking it will be fixed in a new release. But recently I read this may be a problem on the Santander side. Can someone please shed some light on this and let me know if there is anything I can do in Quicken to fix this?

Comments

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @jhduckw

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To clarify when it comes to the Downloaded IDs if they do not match it is an issue that should be escalated with the bank's OFX team. The different downloaded ID originates from a discrepancy/change which the financial institution has made. If the Downloaded IDs were the same then the issue could be escalated on our end. 

I would recommend reaching out to your financial institution for further assistance/escalation and in the meantime, the duplicate transactions can be deleted manually. We apologize for the nuisance this persisting issue has caused. 

Hope this provides clarity. 

-Quicken Paloma