Validate and Repair deleting old register transactions.

Options
I've found after running validate and repair I suddenly have missing transactions from years ago (at the beginning of my transaction register) that have just disappeared, thus, creating an Opening Balance Adjustment transaction to reconcile the accounts. This has happened on a credit card, a brokerage, and a loan account. Anyone else experiencing transactions just disappearing?

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What does it say in the validation log? If you've already closed the window, the log is
    %APPDATA%\Quicken\Log\DATA_LOG.TXT
    Scroll to the bottom for the most recent log messages.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Paul Dylewski
    Options
    What are you looking for? Besides some comments about stock splits I need to enter, it says No errors. Then "Number of old style buy/Cash/Transfer investment transactions updated: 183/0/0."
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looking for indications of data corruption, e.g., "Damaged data record". 

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Paul Dylewski
    Options
    Hmmm. I've never seen that comment over 100's of Validate and Repairs. I'm now having multiple accounts suddenly not reconcile over multiple data sets, and by large amounts... seems something is screwy with the database. Also, I've found in a securities portfolio that when I started it, added securities by "buying" them Quicken put in an "InX" transaction to balance the cash back to Zero... but now it won't open the balancing transaction to let me edit them, or delete them. These transactions go back to 2013, and everything has pretty much always reconciled since then. (I have an accounting background and have been using personal finance software for decades.)