Transactions with split selections showing multiple tags not as entered

Options
KSA
KSA Member
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I've used Quicken for over 20 years and regularly use tags. I'm currently using Home, Business & Rental Property and just this year an additional unwanted tag attaches itself to every line in my split transactions. I have manually gone in and corrected each line however if I sync to the Cloud or run a report, the unwanted tag comes back. It also affects reports where I'm sorting by tags. I've noticed the unwanted tag is the same one used in the most recent previous regular transaction several days or even weeks earlier. I can't get rid of them and I can't run accurate reports.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @KSA,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Have you tried turning off Cloud Sync to see if doing so would make a difference? To turn off Cloud Sync, please follow the instructions provided below.
    1. Navigate to Edit 
    2. Preferences 
    3. Mobile & Web 
    4. Turn Sync OFF

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• KSA
    KSA Member
    Options
    Thank you for the reply Quicken Anja. I did turn off Cloud Sync and still the same problem. I also deleted all saved reports, have shut down and restarted the program several times, have rebooted several times, and each time the unwanted tags continually reappear. I created an entirely new transaction and deleted the old one, and the unwanted tags reappear. If there isn't a fix then the only alternative to my knowledge is to break up the 12 line split transaction into 12 separate transactions. Unfortunately I have several other split transactions with the same problem and who knows how many more I'll receive in the future. I hope there is someone else that has seen this problem and can advise.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Thanks for following up and for providing additional information.

Do you have a recent backup you can restore? To start with, I suggest restoring a backup file to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down until you see Quicken for Windows and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Have you tried, while Sync is off
    • fix up your data file to resolve all the Tag problems
    • create a backup
    • reset Sync so that a new file is sent to the server, replacing the old server data
    • check that the file still is "clean"
    • start Sync

BTW, are you Syncing to Mobile/Web
    AND do you use the Mobile app on your smartphone or the Quicken on the Web feature?

If you answer "no" to the latter, turn Sync off completely. You don't need it. The Sync process should only be used in conjunction with the Quicken app for Smartphones or the Quicken on the Web browser app. It cannot be used as a replacement for backing up and restoring your Quicken data file.

This discussion has been closed.