Move a transaction to a different register? (Q Mac)

Harvey Kabaker
Harvey Kabaker Member ✭✭✭
Two situations:
1. I entered a Wells Fargo check transaction in Citibank check register by mistake. Is there a way to move it out of the Citibank register and into Wells Fargo?
2. I wrote a check to a doctor. It appears among downloaded transactions in the check register. I want to enter the same transaction into my separate medical expenses register (in the same Quicken account). Is there a way to duplicate the check transaction and move the duplicate to the medical register?

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    How about ...
    1. drag the transaction from the Citi register over the WF account name in the side bar
    2. if you're maintaining a separate liability account "Medical bills", you can categorize the check you paid as "Transfer:Medical bills" and it'll appear in the liability account, reducing the outstanding balance.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    How about ...
    1. drag the transaction from the Citi register over the WF account name in the side bar
    2. if you're maintaining a separate liability account "Medical bills", you can categorize the check you paid as "Transfer:Medical bills" and it'll appear in the liability account, reducing the outstanding balance.
This discussion has been closed.