bill reminders disappeared

This discussion was created from comments split from: bill reminders have disappeared.

Comments

• Rick Fisher
    Rick Fisher Member ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem and the file validation did not help. However the problem may be related to the fact that I recently changed the account to download transactions. Q usually matches the memorized transactions but they do not display on the register page in the Reminders section.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Rick Fisher

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your bill reminders. Thank you for letting me know the previous troubleshooting did not work for you. Let's check to see if we might be able to find the reminders in the manual bill and income reminders section. You can find this by going across the top to tools > Manage bill and income reminders. From here check each other 4 tabs to see if we might be able to find the missing reminders. 

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next steps/options.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Rick Fisher
    Rick Fisher Member ✭✭✭
    That does not bring up the window causing my blow-ups. That window is only accessible from the tool when it shows on the register screen. When I tried to add the tool in a file where reminders are working, Q blows up. You should have the error reports. I never use that window normally because I always specify Days in Advance. However I have recently turned off suggested transactions in both files. Since I have two files, one where reminders work and one where it doesn't work by comparing every option pertaining to reminders, I encountered the Q blow up.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Using the data file where "Quicken blows up", please perform all the steps in this document:  Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

• Rick Fisher
    Rick Fisher Member ✭✭✭
    I have solved the problem of Reminders disappearing from the bottom of the Register display.
    This happens when a file has accounts where transactions are downloaded to some accounts and others that are not.
    Quicken assumes that if you download transactions, you will not use Reminders if you specify “Automatically add to banking register” on the global Preferences menu. In that case, as you know, the transactions go right into the register and do not appear in the Reminders section. But Quicken unnecessarily turns off the Reminders display on ALL accounts.
    That is the bug. The solution is to uncheck the box in the EDIT/PREFERENCES/DOWNLOADED TRANSACTIONS menu. The Reminders will reappear on all accounts.
    If you want the transactions automatically added in a specific account, edit each of those accounts in the ONLINE SERVICES menu by clicking the “Automatic entry is: OFF” link.
This discussion has been closed.