Second invoice with past due amount from previous invoice?

When creating a second invoice for a customer that stills owes money from a previous invoice how do I get the past due amount on the new invoice???

Best Answer

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You can't, you need to send a Statement.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Answer ✓
    You can't, you need to send a Statement.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    A year ago or so, Quicken programmers added a new automatic field which appears at the bottom of all printed invoices: "Balance Due       123.45"
    This field is supposed to show any unpaid invoice amounts still due.
    When you print an invoice for a customer with unpaid amounts due, what does the printed invoice show? The correct amount of previous unpaid invoices + this invoices Total?

If that doesn't work properly, your best bet is to do as suggested above ... print a Customer Statement showing all previous transactions and the total amount due as of today.
  • How do I print a Customer Statement? I can't find it.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    From the Business tab --> Business Actions --> Invoices and estimates --> Print statements...
  • Not very intuitive.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Also, you if you have more than 500 customers in your Address Book you can no longer print statements.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Greg_the_Geek

Thank you for the additional information, it is much appreciated! 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the Business tab --> Business Actions --> Invoices and estimates --> Print statements...

Not very intuitive.

If you plan on using Print Statements regularly, simply add a one-click icon to your Quicken Toolbar.
This discussion has been closed.