Investment Allocation by Account.

Options
I have added a new mutual fund purchase in Quicken. In the Accounts Summary I see that the purchase is included in the IRA Account Balance. In the Allocation By Accounts on the home page the account balance does not include the new purchase. I opened settings and checked that mutual fund, then saved it. The new mutual fund is still not included in the account balance in the Allocation by Account. This has not happened before. How do I include the new mutual fund value in the Investment Allocation by Accounts?

Russell

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @wehling83,

Are you looking at the "Allocation by Account" graph?  If so, it is possible that this new mutual fund purchase is included in the "Other" category shown at the bottom of the graph legend (along with other investments of smaller values).  There is a limit of 10 line items and the report shows only the 10 largest holdings with all the rest totaled as "Other" at the bottom

If that is not the problem, I would suggest that you recheck the date of the new transaction that you entered to record the purchase (in the account register) to see if you may have used a "future date" rather than the date of the transaction.

Let us know if you have any followup questions or how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @wehling83,

Are you looking at the "Allocation by Account" graph?  If so, it is possible that this new mutual fund purchase is included in the "Other" category shown at the bottom of the graph legend (along with other investments of smaller values).  There is a limit of 10 line items and the report shows only the 10 largest holdings with all the rest totaled as "Other" at the bottom

If that is not the problem, I would suggest that you recheck the date of the new transaction that you entered to record the purchase (in the account register) to see if you may have used a "future date" rather than the date of the transaction.

Let us know if you have any followup questions or how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.