CC-503 w/ Sam's Club Synchrony

This discussion was created from comments split from: Synchrony Bank error CC-503.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @craig.

Based on your attachment above - your Sam's Club Mastercard, with an account number ending in 6341, last downloaded transactions at 8:24pm tonight.  So the card is connected in Quicken.  If you continue to add the same card, I am not surprised that Quicken will not let you do that.

If you have been using the account recently and are not seeing transactions being downloaded, I suggest that you validate your Quicken datafile.  Here is a LINK to instructions on how to perform that process - file validation is the FOURTH Step.  But before you take those steps, make sure that you backup your Quicken datafile, just in case.  

Let me know how that goes and if it fixes your problem.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• craig.
    craig. Member ✭✭✭
    I too have been unable to use One Step Update to download my Sam's Club Synchrony Master Card transactions.  I get the CC-503 error message. I have deactivated the online services and when I try to reactivate them, whatever link Quicken uses for this card does not recognize my credentials. If I navigate to the login Sam's provides for my credit card (https://samsculb.syf.com/login) I am able to login and manually download my transactions.  I am using Quicken Premier R36 Windows 10 Home Version.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    HI @craig.

I suggest that you review the guidance located at this LINK.

If that does not fix the issues you are having with Sam's Club downloads, I suggest that you deactivate downloads for the account in Quicken, close out and reopen your Quicken datafile and then try to reconnect the account, making sure that you are using the most recent account password.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• craig.
    craig. Member ✭✭✭
    @Frankx

Your reply does not contain any active links.  If it is the link you provided above to pbutler6, and lymanepp, I have followed that guidance and still have the error. As I initially stated, I have deactivated and reactivated downloads for this account.  I don't remember how, but during these attempts, Quicken directed me to https://mastercard.syf.com/login/ for entry of my login credentials, which is an incorrect URL for the Sam's Club Master Card.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @craig.

Sorry for that oversight. It was the same link as above in this thread for the 503 error code.  Also I agree with you that the web address which you posted immediately above is not the correct one for the Sam's Club MC.

When you try to add the account (after you deactivate it) are you seeing this screen?

Also which entry are you selecting?  What happens next?

Frankx

• craig.
    craig. Member ✭✭✭
    Reactivating did not bring that up. I took me directly to the dialogue box for inputting my credentials. Whereupon it would tell me they are not recognized.  I noticed the institution & web site were for Synchrony, not Sam's Club.  BTW - I was downloading transactions via One Step Update when I opened the account. It has only been within the last few months that it stopped.  I'm suspecting that something got changed in an update to redirect to Synchrony instead of Sam's.

Last night I added an account for Sam's. That process took me to the Sam's Club image you showed above. Quicken recognized I had an existing Sam's Master Card account and linked them. Final box said it downloaded transactions for the last 369 days NONE were shown in the Download transaction box and the Account List in Register View shows this for the Sam's Master Card:

Clicking as instructed to add my account again prompts for login credentials and then results in:

Clicking Next just closes that box & takes me back to the register view.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @craig.

Based on the above it appears that you successfully added the Sam's Club credit card (which is through Synchrony Bank as I noted above).  It is common for the information about the number of days of downloads to reflect the maximum number of days possible (while in actuality one never gets anywhere near that number).

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Frankx

• craig.
    craig. Member ✭✭✭
    No, it hasn't been successful. As I  noted, it didn't download any transactions and flagged the account in as being unable to download transactions to it. I had to deactivate the account in order to get One Step Update to run for my other accounts.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    HI again @craig.

Thanks for the additional information.  I think that what has happened is that in your effort to fix your problem, Quicken may have added one or more additional accounts in Quicken.  I suggest that you take a close look at your account list to see whether there may be more than one credit card account (or register) for "Sam's Club". If you find more than one, delete the extra account.  Then you'll need to go to the remaining account and:

1) Open the register and click on the "Gear icon" in the upper right;
    2) Select "Edit account details" and click on the "Online Services" tab;
    3) Click the "Deactivate" button;
    4) After that is complete - repeat steps 1) and 2)  above and then select the "Set Up Now..." button.

If you continue to get the "unable to add" message it means there is at least one other account already setup, so look again for duplicate(s). 

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

• craig.
    craig. Member ✭✭✭
    Nope. There is only one Sam"s Club account in the Account list. Deactivating and reactivating as suggested just keeps looping through the unable to add the account or download to it.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @craig.

Based on your attachment above - your Sam's Club Mastercard, with an account number ending in 6341, last downloaded transactions at 8:24pm tonight.  So the card is connected in Quicken.  If you continue to add the same card, I am not surprised that Quicken will not let you do that.

If you have been using the account recently and are not seeing transactions being downloaded, I suggest that you validate your Quicken datafile.  Here is a LINK to instructions on how to perform that process - file validation is the FOURTH Step.  But before you take those steps, make sure that you backup your Quicken datafile, just in case.  

Let me know how that goes and if it fixes your problem.

Frankx

• craig.
    craig. Member ✭✭✭
    While Quicken says it downloaded the latest transactions tonight, it didn't. And it gave me the message that it was "unable to update my account, click to add my account again", resulting in finding the account, but not adding to Quicken, yet searching the account list shows there is only one Sam's Club account.

Validating the file did not identify any errors or problems, but seemed to do the trick. Reactivating One Step Update for the account found the existing account, and while stating it downloaded transactions for the last 380 days, it only downloaded the latest transactions, which I accepted.  Appears to now be working.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @craig.

Glad that seems to have fixed it, and while no "errors or problems" were reported, my understanding is that the process itself does reset things and clean up some data.

BTW - the message about the "last xxx days" is common in these cases and unfortunately the number often isn't all that accurate.

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.