Updating Truist Bank Account

My Suntrust account has changed to Truist Bank and I am no longer able to update my account. I am getting the CC-501 error when I try to update. I have tried resetting the account but still get the error. Any suggestions on a fix would be appreciated.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited November 2021
    Hello @Rex5,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, could you please try deactivating the account(s) experiencing this issue and then reactivating through Add Account (not through Set Up Now)?

Please, follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, to reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rex5
    Rex5 Member
    I tried this twice but it did not work. Please advise. Thank you
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for following up.

Before moving forward, please save a backup of your data file (just in case).

Then, next, I suggest that you deactivate the account from Online Services again (unless it is already deactivated), then remove SunTrust from the financial institution information for the account and reactivate and connect the account to Truist Bank upon reactivation. Please follow the instructions provided below in order to do so.
    1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab
    4. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    5. When finished, close the Account List
    6. Close, then re-open Quicken
    7. Navigate to Tools > Add Account and search for Truist Bank
    8. Walkthrough this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    9. Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rex5
    Rex5 Member
    I tried the second option and still get the CC-501 error on the Truist bank account. The message is "Unable to update these accounts because of an error on the Quicken server." Please advise on the next steps for connecting the account. Thank you
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Hello @Rex5

Thank you for your response. To better assist you could you let us know what connection method are you using? Also, what instance you are using? 

To check this please select Tools >Account List >Edit account list >Online Services. 

Please elaborate so that we may provide further guidance. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Rex5
    Rex5 Member
    I am using Express Web Connect for the Truist bank account. Is it possible Truist does not support the updating of transactions to Quicken?
  • GTmem
    GTmem Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue. The Truist account was added successfully. However, One Step Update fails every time with a CC-501 error when trying to update transactions.
  • Rex5
    Rex5 Member
    I also added the Truist account successfully but the Update fails with the CC-501 error.
  • GTmem
    GTmem Member ✭✭
    The behavior changed today. I am not getting the CC-501 error, but I am also not getting any new transactions, when I know there should be some based upon the website,
  • Rex5
    Rex5 Member
    I am having the same issue. I did not the CC-501 error, but no new transactions are being updated.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Rex5

Thank you for the additional information. I have sent you a message regarding account information and further instructions. 

When you have a moment please check your messages. Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma
  • tsiskjr
    tsiskjr Member
    I can not find any way to download my Truist Bank transactions to my Quicken account. Is there something that I am missing ?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @tsiskjr

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you, could you let us know what connection method you are using? Are you attempting to download your transactions through Quickens one step update or by importing a QFX file? 

Please elaborate so that we may provide the proper guidance. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Rex5
    Rex5 Member
    I am using Express Web Connect and trying to download through the one-step update. Thank you
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Rex5

Thank you for your response. I do apologize but I am still unable to replicate your error. Could you please attempt a test file? Make sure that you have saved a backup before starting the process

To do this select File >New Quicken File >Okay. On the popup windows type in "test" for the file name and save it to your local hard drive. Once the test file has been created add your Truist Bank account only. Please ensure it is a Truist instance.

When you have a moment please attempt the steps above and let us know how it goes! If you get an error code/message please be specific. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Rex5
    Rex5 Member
    Hello, creating the test file worked. Any suggestion on how to make this work on my real file? Thank you
  • Rex5
    Rex5 Member
    I created a backup file and it seems to be syncing okay now with the Truist bank account. I will just make this my new permanent file and see how it goes. Thanks for your help.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Rex5

Thank you for your response. We are glad to hear you were able to resolve your issue. If you come across any other errors or have questions please let us know!

-Quicken Paloma
This discussion has been closed.