Unable to setup online access for NYSAVES

The NY State 529 plan is called Nysaves.org and they support financial aggregator access. Their investment back end is handled by Vanguard. When I try to setup online access to my account, I find no matches for "Nysaves" or "Nysaves.org." The NYSaves aggregator page is powered by Ascensus Broker Dealer Services LLC.

Is there a way to manually enter the URL for receiving transaction and price updates?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Matthew Guerreiro

I did a little research and unfortunately it does not appear that NYSaves 529 accounts can be automatically downloaded into Quicken.  And while certain retirement plans that Ascensus either advises or manages may be available for download, there is no indication on either the Vanguard website, the Ascensus website or the NY Saves website that downloads are available.

And I know of no way to "enter the URL" of an organization that doesn't have an agreement with Quicken in order to effect data downloads, including price updates.

You may want to contact NY Saves and find out if they would, or are considering making downloads through Quicken available.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Matthew Guerreiro

I did a little research and unfortunately it does not appear that NYSaves 529 accounts can be automatically downloaded into Quicken.  And while certain retirement plans that Ascensus either advises or manages may be available for download, there is no indication on either the Vanguard website, the Ascensus website or the NY Saves website that downloads are available.

And I know of no way to "enter the URL" of an organization that doesn't have an agreement with Quicken in order to effect data downloads, including price updates.

You may want to contact NY Saves and find out if they would, or are considering making downloads through Quicken available.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Matthew Guerreiro
    Matthew Guerreiro Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you, Frankx!
  • Not sure I agree with you 100% Frank. If you go to add a 529 plan in Quicken it does with you an option for the NYSaves 529 plan as per the attached image. My only problem is that it doesn't seem to work. I keep getting an error every time I try to add my daughter account.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Hi @nicholas.senedzu

I cannot explain why you are seeing that page and understand if you don't agree with me.

However, apparently you are a Mac user, and for some reason the Mac application is (at a minimum) showing you a link to the NYSaves web page.  That doesn't happen for me or for the OP of this thread - we cannot make such a connection using Quicken for Windows, and that is fact.

I don't know why you would be seeing that page, especially if you cannot successfully connect when you try - but again that is the Mac version and it is clearly different from the Windows version in many, many ways and features.  I wish I had an explanation for you, but perhaps a Mac user will be able to provide some insight.

Frankx

• I did a google search and happened to find the thread. I then missed that this was a Windows thread. With this showing in the Mac version hopefully one day soon we will be able to download data from the NYSaves plan into Quicken.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @nicholas.senedzu

Yes, let's keep our fingers crossed!

Take care.

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.