How do I recover transactions that Quicken lost?

I entered some bank deposits for a couple of hours last week and then backed up. Then I noticed that the balance was way off - scrolled back and transactions are suddenly missing going back several years!! Is there a way to recover or 'reindex' these missing transactions? I am afraid the backup has them missing too and I would lose all the data entry I made too. Do I have to reenter several years worth of data now?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven’t already, you may want to verify the register is sorted appropriately and there aren’t any unexpected filters being applied:  open the register, select the Date column header (you want the small triangle to right of Date to point up) and Reset.

If the issue persists, I suggest you restore the backup you saved: select File > Restore a Backup File...
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @PurpleDragon

Can you give us some more information on the extent of the missing transactions?  Are they all in one particular account or across several accounts?  Have you confirmed that the same data is missing from the backup by restoring the backup, or are you simply guessing that the backup is also missing the data?  How often have you been backing up your datafile?

Which version of Quicken are running?

To try and answer your questions above: 
    The "way to recover... missing transactions" would be by restoring from a good backup file.  I am not sure what you mean by "reindex" missing transactions. And we really don't know right now whether you will need to re-enter data, yet.

Get back with answers to the above and we'll go from there.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• PurpleDragon
    PurpleDragon Member ✭✭
    Flipping the Date sort back and forth seemed to bring most of the transactions back. Not sure about reset. I will post some more transactions tonight and see if everything holds up. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.