Quicken account balances are all wrong

I started inputting transactions into my Quicken (PC/Windows) and then noticed that my checking account balance has updated to some unreal number. It's like -100K balance which is wrong. Is there something in this latest release that is screwing up account balances? it was fine about a week or so ago the last time I input data. I haven't synced to the cloud in a long time because I actually want to get away from that for my personal preference so is something automatically syncing now behind the scenes? I can tell there are lots past transactions missing but I have way too many to go back through and try to ID. Is anyone else having this issue? I tried to install on a new laptop and went through the Quicken steps for that but every time I tried to restore my backup the balances went weird so I thought it was the new copy. The transactions I input today are on my current/old PC and now the same thing is happening with it - unreal and incorrect balances (probably due to missing transactions in the past).
It shows I'm on release R36.38. I'm so frustrated and now all my banking information in Quicken is messed up so how can I get it back to be correct?

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The first thing I would check is that you are sorted by date.  If you sort by anything else the balance will look wacky.  Click on the date column header.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • CathyB
    CathyB Member
    It is sorted by date. There are transactions missing because I know when salary comes in each month and there are months where salary deposits are missing. Something "synced" my checking account with incorrect data even though I did not do an update to that account or do the sync to cloud. Is there a way to totally clear out transactions on the web/cloud so that what is in my Quicken (I have a backup prior to this weird behavior) becomes the master?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    CathyB said:
    Is there a way to totally clear out transactions on the web/cloud so that what is in my Quicken (I have a backup prior to this weird behavior) becomes the master?
    Yes, there is.  Create a new data file, and have that one setup to sync to Mobile/Web.
    From that data file select: Edit -> Preferences -> Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts -> Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (x)

That will take you to a dialog that will allow you to delete the cloud dataset for the original data file.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.