When doing a one-step update get the Add Account pop-up for a closed Citi account

BM749
BM749 Member ✭✭
Anyone have a resolution for continually getting the Add Account pop-up for Citi when doing a One-Step Update? Occcurs every time I do an update. Have three previously held account with Citi but all are closed. Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Go into the Account Details of each of those accounts and clear out the financial institution information.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • BM749
    BM749 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the advice!!
  • jswafa
    jswafa Member ✭✭✭
    Chris, thanks for the suggestion.  I'm having the same problem lately with my USAA accounts when updating.  It started a couple of weeks ago.  I can follow the prompts and select which accounts I want to connect and which ones not, or I can cancel at the prompt.  Even after following your suggestion and restarting Quicken, I still get the "Add Accounts" popup for USAA when do a OSU.  Any other ideas?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @jswafa the above suggestion was for getting a financial institution/account out of the One Step Update when it is now longer being used (all accounts deactivated).  Is that the case with USAA for you?
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jswafa
    jswafa Member ✭✭✭
    Oh sorry - not the same.  I just have some accounts connected and some not connected. I've had it that way for years.  Suddenly it's started prompting me to add accounts every time I update.  I tried removing the bank information from the ones I don't want to download, but I'm still getting the same "Add Accounts" prompt.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jswafa said:
    Oh sorry - not the same.  I just have some accounts connected and some not connected. I've had it that way for years.  Suddenly it's started prompting me to add accounts every time I update.  I tried removing the bank information from the ones I don't want to download, but I'm still getting the same "Add Accounts" prompt.

Are there any old, hidden, long closed and forgotten accounts in your data file that might still contain the Financial Institution name? Check for hidden or marked as Separate accounts, even for accounts from another bank ...
  • jswafa
    jswafa Member ✭✭✭
    No, all checked - no others lying around.
  • jswafa
    jswafa Member ✭✭✭
    Found the culprit!  It was because I still had a USAA checking account set up as the source of funds for Quicken bill pay/check pay.  Once I disabled that, I stopped getting the "add an account" prompt every time I do a OSU.
This discussion has been closed.