Version 6.4.4 (Build 604.41834.100), OS Monterey, New Mac Pro 14inch

Just transitioned to new Mac as title states. When trying to delete a transaction, I try either the 'delete' key or command-D (Mac cloverleaf-D). The description deletes but NOT the transaction.

Comments

• DWIM
    DWIM Member ✭✭
    Follow-on: Several things do NOT work. While not completely unusable, there are sufficient problems as to render this pretty unusable. E.g., does NOT work: above; duplicate an existing xaction; edit / change category; have to manually reorder to get changing of dates into the correct order.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    If you have a transaction open for edit and a field highlighted, the Delete key will clear that field, not delete the transaction. To delete the transaction, it must be selected but not in edit mode when you hit the Delete key. Could that be the problem?

Cmd-D is not the keyboard shortcut for deleting a transition. It is instead the shortcut for Transactions > Duplicate Transaction. 

Edit/change category: you didn't describe what happens when you try to change a category, so will need more info to try to help with that. Are you trying to change the category assigned to one transaction, or are you trying to change a category everywhere it's used? Whichever it is, what steps are you performing and what exactly happens? 

Date order: Make sure the register is sorted by Date. You will see a little v or ^ in the column header indicating which column the register is sorted by. To sort by another column, click the column header. To reverse the sort, click it again. Once sorted by Date, the order within a single date is derived from the order the transactions were manually entered or were downloaded from the bank. Quicken has no control over that, but allows you to change the order within a single date by dragging and dropping a transaction within that block of date.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • DWIM
    DWIM Member ✭✭
    Follow up: Rick: Thank you for your info; appreciate it. I had incorrectly stated the cmd-D. Yes, I do understand the cloverleaf-D duplicates. Now, as for the oddities: I had just moved from a Mac Pro M1 first version (the one with 2 ports on the left side (and Big Sur), over to this new Pro (a 14in with more ports - yay!) AND to Monterey. Restored, and was checking it all out. For Quicken (been a user for some time), there were several things going on that didn't work right; put them into one msg (above), then followed up w/another observation). All that said, I quit out of Q, then back in. None of the xactions I'd done, whether new, reconciliations, deletes date changes, etc were there. Yes, I analyzed what files were where (including backups). I also duplicated the Q file over to a new dir under Documents. None of the changes were there. So I decided to then go back to a Q automatic backup (TY Q for the automatics), restore to a different dir & try Q on that. Was all good; no weirdness, no loss of xactions, all good. I then replaced my normal Q data file (buried down in a Q folder not under Documents) with the one restored from backup. Still all good. So that's where I am now; All seems to be just peachy. So now on to other activities.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Glad it's all working for you now. One word of caution: having your Quicken file stored on a cloud service (eg. Dropbox, iCloud Drive) is not supported and can eventually lead to file corruption. The file must be stored local-only. If you want to back up to a cloud service, you can direct your auto backups to be stored there. Sometimes people don't realize that their Q file is being stored on a cloud service if, for example, they move the file to their Documents folder from the default location in the Library > Application Support area and have the macOS feature to sync the Documents folder to iCloud Drive turned on.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.