How I (mostly) resolved the Schwab issues

So I finally worked up the courage to retry the Schwab downloads. Here is what worked for me (v R36.45, Build 27.1.36.45):

(1) I first went through and deactivated all Schwab accounts (1 checking, 5 brokerage). As others have noted---make sure you are not set to automatically accept downloaded transactions, because you will want to manually add or delete them in subsequent steps.

(2) The key step for me was ONLY ACTIVATING ONE ACCOUNT AT A TIME. So I did the checking account first, deselecting everything else in the Schwab window. Then use the 'Link to Existing' account in Quicken. Go through the transaction list, delete matched, etc. Then move to the next account. When you do this, you will notice that the previous account (that you just linked) will now default to 'Don't add to Quicken.' But your next account will allow you to link to its existing account, and so on. (And yeah---you'll get multiple Schwab emails telling you that you have given Quicken access to your account).

(3) For each account I pulled down, I did have to go through and delete transactions that were already matched/cleared. Took a while, but not a major problem.

(4) One thing I did notice is that sometimes the downloaded transactions would not initially appear in the downloaded transaction window---but the red flag icon was still next to the account. The solution here was to simply update the quotes, and then the transactions magically appeared.

(5) Also, if for some reason, your 'Linked Account' menu doesn't show the proper account---this happened for one of my accounts---try clicking on the account type. This seemed to 'reset' the options and the correct linked account appeared in the submenu.

(6) The only account I wasn't able to get to work was a small options account that I have set up. But since I don't do much with this one, I'm going to let it go for now, and hope that subsequent patches solve the issue.

That's it. Hopefully things will work with future updates, but as of now, all my accounts except one show "Express WebConnect+" and are up to date with my account data as it appears at Schwab. Phew.
Tagged:

Comments

• JimMa
    JimMa Member
    Can you elaborate on number 5. I have accounts that don't appear in the link account list, but where is this account type you mention to click on?
  • UserinMD
    UserinMD Member ✭✭
    > @JimMa said:
    > Can you elaborate on number 5. I have accounts that don't appear in the link account list, but where is this account type you mention to click on?

I think you should see the account, followed by "Brokerage" or "Checking" for example, followed by the account identifer xxxx1234, followed by the Add/Link option. You can actually click where it says brokerage or checking, and then this sorts out the lists of accounts that are available to link to....
This discussion has been closed.