I have quicken 2014, what version can I update to and retain history (data base conversion)?

Options
I have quicken 2014, I have been using quicken for 20 plus years and I do not want to lose my history, what version can I update to that will work with this data base?

Second question is anyone knows the answer. I also use Quick books 2010 on the same computer. I never run the programs at the same time, but they both work on my windows 10 computer, I have been afraid to change Quicken 2014 in fear it may effect the running of Quick books 2010, I believe they have some shared filed on the computer (maybe I am wrong?) So the question is will updating quicken to a newer version effect my quick books 2010? I do not run any updates on either software.
Tagged:

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why do you want to update to a later version of Quicken? If you let your Quicken subscription expire 25% of the screen will be renewal notices. I believe Quicken and QuickBooks are independent of each other.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hi @lfleisch

You should be able to run Quickbooks and Quicken on the same computer as they are separate applications.  I have never heard of a "shared file" for both Quicken and Quick books.  Updating Quicken to a newer version should therefore not be a problem.

Frankx 

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Your 2014 data will work in newer versions.   Just open your data file in the new version and it convert it.   But why do you want to upgrade?   Do you want to download transactions?  If you don't want to use any online services then stay on 2014!  I'm staying on 2013.  It runs on my Windows 10.   

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.