Oops, Unable to Connect to Quicken Server Error after Updating [edited]

Options
Margi
Margi Member
I have had Quicken since 2004 and was very pleased. I upgraded in 2008 and was not happy with the changes but adjusted. Again in 2017 I upgraded and started having issues with downloading. I started using it strictly off line.

In April of 2019 I upgraded and had issues right away but this time instead of buying the software, you are forced into an annual fee. I still couldn't get accurate downloads and many would override correct information and it was a nightmare fixing.

I called support and after some time on the phone decided that if support couldn't fix it, I would go back to off line usage and cancel my subscription. Support suggested I try Simplifi, which I did and it was just as bad.

Last Friday, November 26, 2021 (Black Friday) when I opened my quicken off line program, I was prompted to enter a password. This has never happed before. Anyway, I signed in using my credentials and got the message "OOPS Unable to connect to quicken server, try again in an hour. I kept trying and tried to reach support, however, they are not open on the weekend and chat is also closed.  Finances, Black Friday, my shopping was ruined. I couldn't track anything.

On Monday I called support and the people in Guatemala are very nice and speak very good English. After two calls (totaling 6 hours) and changing all sorts of settings with them in my computer, I still cannot gain access to my own finances.

There is no management, no one to contact, no address to write to so this is my only way to vent. I cannot get a refund because it is over 30 days. I doubt they will post this on their discussion board so I am posting this anywhere I can. I would hate for this to happen to anyone else

[edited for readability]

Comments

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Margi

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. We apologize for this persisting issue. I have sent you a message so that we may obtain more details. 

When you have a moment please check your inbox. 

-Quicken Paloma
This discussion has been closed.