Why is Quicken unable to set-up an account? Seems to be a missing screen.

Options
I am pretty experienced with Quicken, but not an expert. I wish to set up a credit card account for Quicken update which I have done several times before. When I click "Add Account" from the tools menu I am taken directly to the screen where I select a bank. I enter the requested user name and password. Both absolutely correct; I can enter the on-line site with them. Quicken tells me the bank (Citi) is rejecting them. Citibank says there is no reason on their end this should be happening. This card was on Quicken prior to a crash. I have noticed one thing that seems odd. In the past it seems that I got a screen asking what sort of account I wished to add which included "credit card" among others prior to getting to the bank selection screen. This screen does not appear. Any help will be appreciated.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• fun
    fun Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I have been experiencing download failures from Citi to Quicken for the past 5 business days. Over an hour today with Quicken tech support that had no idea how to fix the problem. I have 5 different Citi cards and all are having the same download issues.

All 5 worked fine until 5 days ago. Have seen several posts that Citi is experiencing widespread issues with Quicken for the past few days. Tried calling Citi tech support - horrible - phone connection so bad could not understand anything.

Answers

• hdowda
    hdowda Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The financial institution for Citi credit cards is "Citi Cards", not "Citibank". So don't just click on the Citi logo when connecting the account. Type in "citi" and "Citi Cards" will appear as a choice.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Additionally, you may need to go to citi.com/datamanagement and authorize Citi to allow Quicken to download transactions from it's site.  
  • fun
    fun Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I have been experiencing download failures from Citi to Quicken for the past 5 business days. Over an hour today with Quicken tech support that had no idea how to fix the problem. I have 5 different Citi cards and all are having the same download issues.

All 5 worked fine until 5 days ago. Have seen several posts that Citi is experiencing widespread issues with Quicken for the past few days. Tried calling Citi tech support - horrible - phone connection so bad could not understand anything.
  • hdowda
    hdowda Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you. That problem is likely mine also. Quicken guy (India?) had no idea about the Quicken problem last night.
This discussion has been closed.