correcting rent payment mistake

I put in the wrong rent for a property I own. How do I correct it?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @edgarrone,

According to the category selection for this post, you are running Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property.  If that is correct, you can adjust the rent amount by doing the following:

1) Click on the "RENTAL" tab;
    2) Click on "Rent Center";
    3) In the "Tenant" column > Click on the name of the tenant;
    4) In the "Rent Details" tab - change the "Rent amount" field to the correct amount.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Thanks for the quick reply. I am looking at stuff under the rental property tab. What happened is that I for the month of February, 2021 I entered an amount that was too large but I can't figure out how to change it
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @edgarrone,

Thanks for the additional information.  If, as you say, you need to correct the amount of the entry that you made for rent in February that "was too large", all you need to do it to locate that entry - in whatever register you made it in - and change the incorrect amount to the correct amount.  It really should be as easy as that.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.