Split transactions have disappeared/been flattened in account

Jeffrey Wilens
Jeffrey Wilens Member ✭✭✭
I have a trust account.  From time to time I receive deposits which partially are my income and partially belong to my clients.  I use a split transaction that divides each transaction deposit into categories for my attorney fees and for clients' shares (which I call paper transactions).  That way when a report is generated it will show my correct fees total and not include money I paid out to the clients.

Somehow, a Quicken update, possibly the one just downloaded today before downloading the new transactions did the damage because I never noticed it before today.  That is R36.45.

All split transactions between January 2017 and the current date were "flattened" meaning they show the entire amount as just being paid for attorney fees.  (I wish).  I restored numerous weekly backups and discovered the split transaction data was intact as late as August 15, 2021, but the saved data file from later dates lost the split transaction.  So instead maybe some update around August 15th caused it.

There is no way I can quickly rebuild all my accounts from that far back to the current date, so instead I guess I have to see if somehow the current (today) data can be corrected to restore the missing allocations OR if not, I have to manually enter them.  

Using an idea suggested in another threat, I was able to create a report showing the split transactions by copying the missing split transactions from the old file, pasting it into a temporary account, then running a banking transaction report showing all transactions with split details.  There are about 33 split transactions in that time frame that are flattened.

Comments

• Jeffrey Wilens
    I have now confirmed the disappearing/flattened splits are present in other account as well. :#
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Jeffrey Wilens,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for not having received a response yet.

This is a known issue that our teams continue to investigate. You can contribute to the investigation by navigating to Help > Report a Problem. Please be advised that you won't receive any direct updates on the issue, however, these problem reports are looked at by our development team.

In the meantime, we recommend that you restore a backup that was saved prior to when this issue first started and turn off Cloud Sync to see if that may help. 

Once you've restored from the backup, follow the instructions provided below to turn off Cloud Sync.

1. Navigate to Edit 
    2. Preferences 
    3. Mobile & Web 
    4. Turn Sync OFF

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jeffrey Wilens
    I did have to restore from a backup and it took more than 5 hours to recreate the data that was lost by this bug.  Since I restored already, is it too late to "Report a Problem"?  And I did turn off cloud sync.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Since I restored already, is it too late to "Report a Problem"?
    No, you can still go ahead and submit a problem report.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jeffrey Wilens
    I submitted a problem report.
This discussion has been closed.