Archive more than one year?

How can I archive years other than just last year?

Best Answer

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hope you understood what I was trying to say.   Here's some other info....

See this FAQ

Creating a Year-end Copy At the End of the Calendar Year 

Most of us here don't recommend archiving or doing a year dnd copy.   It's better to leave all your data and history together in one file and it should not affect performance.  Sometime in the future we guarantee you will want to see something and you won't be able to merge them back together. You can run reports for any time period.  Just copy your whole file for a backup (which you should be doing regularly anyway) and continue on in your current file. Too many times people ask for help on how to re-merge their data, which can't be done.  Also any uncleared checks will then show up in both files.   So just continue on. And if you upgrade to a newer version in the future you will have to remember to convert all your old files too.

If you do this, you will need to periodically open up that archive file to make sure that Quicken can open it in the future.  Also, after making it, open it and delete all of the scheduled reminders (Tools menu) in it so that when you do open it in the future, Quicken doesn't enter all of the reminders that have happened since it was created.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

Answers

• volvogirl
    I think Archive includes all past years not just from when you say which date.  It means when to break it up like at last year.   

• volvogirl
    Answer ✓
    Hope you understood what I was trying to say.   Here's some other info....

See this FAQ

Creating a Year-end Copy At the End of the Calendar Year 

Most of us here don't recommend archiving or doing a year dnd copy.   It's better to leave all your data and history together in one file and it should not affect performance.  Sometime in the future we guarantee you will want to see something and you won't be able to merge them back together. You can run reports for any time period.  Just copy your whole file for a backup (which you should be doing regularly anyway) and continue on in your current file. Too many times people ask for help on how to re-merge their data, which can't be done.  Also any uncleared checks will then show up in both files.   So just continue on. And if you upgrade to a newer version in the future you will have to remember to convert all your old files too.

If you do this, you will need to periodically open up that archive file to make sure that Quicken can open it in the future.  Also, after making it, open it and delete all of the scheduled reminders (Tools menu) in it so that when you do open it in the future, Quicken doesn't enter all of the reminders that have happened since it was created.

• Keith Brewer
    Keith Brewer Member ✭✭
    Sound advice. Thanks, VolvoGirl!
This discussion has been closed.