My transactions do not match up to what my bank shows

Options
Jeffreyreid
Jeffreyreid Member
My transactions are consistently off by 1-3 days compared to my bank. This is true for both the date and posted date. This is all for all my synced accounts. I am using the Mac version.
Tagged:

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    That sounds normal. Quicken is not a real time system.

Depending on how Quicken connects to your bank, and depending on how/when your bank provides data to the Quicken servers all affect when transx appear in your register. 

Usually, it is closer to one day, but non-business days and other factors can push it out a day or two.

If you are (eventually) getting all the transactions you are supposed to, then I wouldn't worry.
  • Jeffreyreid
    Options
    Thanks John. It makes it a little difficult to budget at the end of the month or at the beginning of the month. I was thinking that the data sync would include the transaction date. Is the only way to manually adjust?
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Hi again, Jeffreyreid:

I agree that if you rely solely on downloaded transactions that it can present an incomplete and not up to date view of your finances.

I personally overcome this by manually entering all my transactions when incurred, and let the downloaded one(s) match mine/mark them as cleared. My data (payee, dates, etc.) get retained. But, you might not be interested in doing that. (I personally find the time manually entering transx is less than cleaning up downloaded data.) But, I guess I am also a bit old school as we didn't have transaction download when I started using Quicken 30 years ago. :-) 

In preferences, you can set it to use your date entered as the cleared date when matched as well. Doing this keeps my budget accurate as well.

Also, don't forget about setting more reoccurring transactions up as Bill Reminders. That way, you don't even have to create the new transactions-you simply mark the reminder as paid. (And yes, you have the ability to edit the amount/date for things that vary. Downloads will also mark these as paid.)

This discussion has been closed.