Check Register date opens in 1995

Vince3
Vince3 Member ✭✭
Whenever I open my checking account, it doesn't open at the most recent date. It opens at the oldest date which is 1995. Sometimes I can click the date and it flips it to todays date but not always. I have to cursor it all the way down. Any ideas or solutions?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Vince3

It seems likely that your register "sort order" has been changed to show the first transaction rether than the latest.  To fix this:

1) Open the account register for that checking account;
    2) Click on the little "Gear" icon in the upper left hand corner of the screen;
    3) Select "Sorting Options" > "By Date".

This should fix the problem, but let me know how that goes and if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Vince3
    Vince3 Member ✭✭
    I did all that but "By Date" was already checked. I opened it a few times and it always went back to 1995 except for 1 time where it went to the current date. Does the same thing in other bank registers as well.
  • Vince3
    Vince3 Member ✭✭
    The gear you mentioned that contained that option was on the top right side of the register, if that matters at all.
  • Vince3
    Vince3 Member ✭✭
    I use to be able to just click the word "Date" at the top left and it would flip the dates to the correct date but not anymore.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check to see that you don't have any filters set at the top of the account register - to clear them simply click on the "Reset" button. 

Also each register has it's own sort options, so if you are seeing this same behavior in other accounts, I suggest that you follow the guidance located at this LINK and validate your Quicken datafile.  First backup your datafile and then follow the steps in the link starting at "Fourth, Copy Your File and Validate".

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Vince3
    Vince3 Member ✭✭
    No, all the filters were factory and it wouldn't let me reset since it was never changed. I validated and super validated all the files yesterday as I was on the phone with Quicken on an unrelated issue. Nevertheless, the date issue has been ongoing for a year or so and it still persiste even after the multiple validations we did yesterday. And I have checked the sort option on each account and the date circle is checked appropriately.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't done so already, recommend you download and install the latest patch release for your Quicken Subscription version from

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product
    to make sure that your software is properly installed.

Also please check that "Remember register filters after Quicken closes" should be checkmarked (enabled) in Edit / Preferences / Register.
    A quick way to jump to the bottom of the register: Press CTRL-N (as if you wanted to begin entering a new transaction)
  • Vince3
    Vince3 Member ✭✭
    Remember register filters wasn't checked but it is now. Unfortunately, it still does the same thing. The Ctrl+N helps a little bit but all the other register entries are still 1995. Oddly, once I hit Crtl+N and then click the date button, then it'll populate the current year. Other than that, hitting the date button sometimes works to give me the latest date but more often than not it doesn't do anything.
  • Vince3
    Vince3 Member ✭✭
    I also have the latest software update which is R37.37.
  • Vince3
    Vince3 Member ✭✭
    I appreciate your efforts!
  • Bill_WAF
    Bill_WAF Member

I had the same issue. I rarely "Quit" my Quicken session, I just close the window. But I found that if I "Quit" Quicken, then when I re-open it, it opens with the Register at the date I had selected/highlighted when I quit. Hope this helps you.

This discussion has been closed.