Is it possible to add custom columns to my business income register, or rename the default columns?

Options
I'm trying to track my commission income as a real estate agent. I'd like to be able to enter the sale price of the home, the total commission amount, and the calculated commission split between myself and my brokerage. I'm struggling to find an Account type that will do that.

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    No, sorry, I have not seen a way to change register column headers. They are all hardcoded in the program.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wouldn't this normally be entered as a Split Category transaction where each of items you mentioned would be defined as a Category?
    Go into Tools / Category List to add your own income or expense categories.
  • LauraD
    LauraD Member
    Options
    Thank you, UKR. I do split the categories, but I'm trying to change the name of the column from "Charged" to "Total Commission" in the register. Is that possible? Or can I add a new, custom column? For example, I'm currently using an Excel spreadsheet. I have a column for the sale price and another for the commission amount, and then the formula will calculate out several different columns for me based on those two inputs.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    No, sorry, I have not seen a way to change register column headers. They are all hardcoded in the program.