How to stop repeating transaction NOTES in Quicken register

When downloading credit card transactions how do I stop re-occurring transactions in the "notes" column from being repeated? By that I mean, let's say I have a transaction from Amazon and typed a notation that says socks. A week later I have another Amazon transaction, but this time it was for coffee. When downloading the credit card transaction, the 2nd time, the Amazon information is automatically entered including the same "notes" as I had previously that said socks. So how do I keep Quicken from re-entering the previous information I placed in the "notes" column. Sorry about the long-winded question.
Thank you.

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If you want Quicken to match the imported transaction to a memorized payee transaction without notes, I suggest you memorize the transaction without the notes and lock the memorized payee transaction.  To memorize a transaction, select the transaction in the register and press Ctrl + M.  To lock the memorized payee transaction, press Ctrl + T, check Options > Show locked status column in list, check the box in the lock column for the memorized payee transaction.
  • Richbell52
    Richbell52 Member
    Answer ✓
    Thank you very much, Sherlock for your help. :)

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If you want Quicken to match the imported transaction to a memorized payee transaction without notes, I suggest you memorize the transaction without the notes and lock the memorized payee transaction.  To memorize a transaction, select the transaction in the register and press Ctrl + M.  To lock the memorized payee transaction, press Ctrl + T, check Options > Show locked status column in list, check the box in the lock column for the memorized payee transaction.
  • Richbell52
    Richbell52 Member
    Answer ✓
    Thank you very much, Sherlock for your help. :)