Why won't quicken update one of my accounts since the last update. It goes to the wrong website

agiordanoj
agiordanoj Member ✭✭
Quicken goes to the wrong web site since the last update. How can I change it

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Is the name of the bank?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • agiordanoj
    agiordanoj Member ✭✭
    Quicken goes to FarmBureauBank.com which allows you to access your account with other questions. It should go to (farmbureaubank.mycreditcardinfo.com). This started after the last update
  • RickO
    edited December 2021
    Confirm you're using current Quicken Mac Subscription? Are you using Quicken Connect or Web Connect? 

I can tell you that nothing has changed in the FIDIR.txt file (where Quicken stores all the bank info) for Farm Bureau since at least last June. So I don't think an update caused this. However, you can force an update to the FIDIR.txt file as follows:
       (1) Start a new account setup,
       (2) click the link "My Bank Is Not On The List" in the lower left corner of the Add Account window,
       (3) Click Update List,
       (4) Click Show List,
       (5) Close the Add Account window to cancel new account setup.

When I look at the list of banks in account setup, I see both "Farm Bureau Bank" and "Farm Bureau Credit Card". In the FIDIR.txt file, under "Farm Bureau Bank", I see only "farmbureaubank.com" as the website. Under "Farm Bureau Credit Card" I see both that and "farmbureaubank.mycreditcardinfo.com", the latter being the one I think Quicken uses to connect.

Is it possible your account is set up with the bank name "Farm Bureau Bank" instead of "Farm Bureau Credit Card"? To check:
       (1) Select the account in the sidebar
       (2) Click menu Accounts > Settings...
       (3) Click the Downloads tab
       (4) Check what it says next to Financial Institution:

If it's the wrong one, click Change Connection Type and choose the correct bank from the list.
  • agiordanoj
    agiordanoj Member ✭✭
    Quicken used to use the latter but not now
  • RickO
    edited December 2021
    I understand that. However, I can't help you if you don't answer my questions and follow my procedures above and let me know the results.
This discussion has been closed.