Life time planner tech issues - I want to change planning assumptions.

Wee
Wee Member
I’m been using quicken since the 90s and I’m using the latest updated version of the subscription and windows 10 updated this morning.

What I want to do is change planning assumptions. What I’m getting is a laborious painstaking experience.
I open the change assumptions box and I get this little tiny box in the center of my screen with the menu items and about width wise, three quarters of the different assumptions so you have to scroll back and forth for each line item.
I try to enlarge the box by dragging any side and nothing happens. I try to print everything in the scroll vertically, and I get an empty page, an empty single page. (When I say print I mean any of the nine types of printing options available to including quicken pdf) I open the edit for any particular category and I get another box which seems to be in no particular shape. So I try to change that box size and fail again. I don’t get a print option.

I don’t expect this experience to change and why would I. It’s been this way for decades.

But I giving you one last shot before my subscription ends.

Anyone have any work arounds?

Comments

• Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Unfortuneatley, these dialogs do not resize.  Not sure exactly what you are seeing (a redacted screen grab would be helpful) but if you happen to be using large size fonts in Quicken, there is a known issue with scaling.  See this post.  Of course,  there is not solution yet for this issue either.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Instead of the Change Assumptions button, look below the main graph for a tile "Plan Assumptions". Clicking on those blue underlined links will give you a better user interface to work with.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.