Wells Fargo Account Add Failure CC-501

I can't convert one WF account from download to one-step update. I can't add another WF account. IT's been months with the same error. I can add it a new file but not this file. Validate and "super"-Validate don't help either.
Tagged:

Answers

• Hello @TerryC,

Thank you for coming to the Community to report the issues you are having, though I apologize that you are experiencing this. 

Please give more details as to what exactly you are attempting and what happens when you do that. If you can also take screenshots along the way, that would be helpful. If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Quicken Alyssa

• TerryC
    TerryC Member
    It is quite simple. I go to add new account, select Wells Fargo, enter correct credentials, and I get CC-501 error. Always. For months. I also have an account that I have to have that is in download from web mode since I can't add the account. I can get the exact same error by trying to upgrade the connection method. I can create a brand new quicken file and connect to all the Wells Fargo accounts successfully.
  • @TerryC,

Thank you for the explanation. I do have a few suggestions we can try, as well as a few questions.

Where is your data file located? Is it being actively backed up by any third-party apps, like cloud services? First, we need to make sure the file is locally stored, preferably on the C drive. Please provide the full pathway of your data file.

Once you have located the file, (File>Show this file on my computer) you should then check to see if it is being accessed by a backup service like DropBox, Carbonite, Norton, One Drive, etc. If it is, you need to exclude the file from this backup or move it to a location that does not get backed up. 

Let's start with this, look forward to hearing back from you.

Quicken Alyssa

This discussion has been closed.